View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 06:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
tomsteve

Originally Posted by IOAA2 View Post

I had the same type of self centered fears and was told “get over yourself” which I didn’t like but realized was correct. Again work and change keep us sober along with listening and practicing our steps.

BE WELL
I was to,d I'm not the center of the universe. Same reaction. Did my first open talk and was nervous( fear) of how it was going to go. Talked to my sponsor. He said," you were at last Saturday's meeting,right?"
"yup"
"who read how it works?"
"I don't remember."
"that's how important ya are in very one elses world.all the anxiety, nervousness,A d panic is all fear rearing it's head. Now deflate your ego and lower your pride a d start at step one on this and you will find the causes and conditions yourself a d also the solution."

Living my life in fear of what others thought of me wasn't working. I was giving them the power over me- they controlled me.
So i worked hard at making my HP's opinion of me #1. Amazing how in doing so, what others think of me doesn't bother me.
30,60,90 days sober is a huge accomplishment. Those with many years sober like to hear it happening. But we can't hear it if those with 30,60,90 days keep allowing fear to control them.

I'm also an introvert but not allowing the symptoms of that control me today.