Old 06-21-2015, 04:43 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  
MisterChill

Had a really strong craving yesterday. One that I haven't had since I knocked it off 34 days ago. Had a great day working on my truck and doing a complicated repair to the fuel injection. Worked like a charm. After I cleaned myself up it came on and wouldn't leave.

I sat for an hour battling the mind. I mean really battling. What saved me was thinking it through. 1 beer wouldn't do it. Neither would 2. It would be a six pack and a pint of bourbon. I thought to myself "where is the benefit? would you be happy doing it? Would it satisfy you? Is it really a reward Is there any payoff? Would it weaken future resistance? How would you feel about it the next day?"

After going through those questions it really helped me. I knew staying sober yesterday was the only play that would reward me. Make me feel good. Help me remain strong going forward. It was the only choice that made any sense. I got through it.

Today? Piece of cake. Weird. No AV. No temptation. Smooth as silk. Big learning experience. Whew!