View Single Post
Old 06-21-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ananda

I was just telling someone the other day that one of the biggest myths around is that lack of sleep won't kill you. It does in a million ways I won't go into ... just think it through.

That said ... bias and looking at "facts" can be pretty misleading. Right now I've been told that my vision is fine with the glasses I have and I just need eye drops.... 2 weeks later, I still can't tell and 8 from a 6 by the end of the day. I'm just saying that we experience what we experience and sometimes we don't know what the "truth" or "cause" is.

I know I am bias. I make judgments. In the end I just try to do what I can to make things a bit better and accept that my body won't always do what it is designed to do (especially as I age).

Don't know if this helps, but I just don't sweat the small stuff ... like am I right or are they right .... Just do what you can and learn to live with how things are.

A bit weird of a response, but you were talking about bias affecting decisions and this is a lot about how to deal with that for me.