View Single Post
Old 06-21-2015, 10:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Quirky
Formerly Ringthedoorbell

Past caring, I can identify with you; our start and end times might have been different, but the end result was the same.
About 6:30, Hubby starts on his first whiskey while sitting on the porch and of course I would join him with a glass of wine.
Then, making dinner, have more wine. I used to put off serving dinner so I could have more wine, which didn't bother him in the least because he was happy having more whiskey. I really never drank with dinner or after, but I sure did a good job before dinner.
I will have 2 weeks tomorrow, so I am a relative newbie, but I will share what has helped me.
I go online and check in with SR, which I find to be very inspiring... reading all the new post takes some time! I went to the library and loaded up on books. I retreat to my bedroom, put my feet up and have quiet time with a diet Coke, my book, and play my favorite music. It's my private time, and it's all about me...
That's how I get through my witching hour.
You can do this, and the good people at SR are here to support you on your journey: read and post often....that has helped me a lot.
I wish you all the luck in the world and will check in often to see how you are getting along. A big Georgia welcome to my British friend..
(BTW, I would love to change my "name" as well. Don't know why I chose something as goofy as RTDB...I just couldn't think of anything, looked up and saw the indoor doorbell mechanism...and the rest is history! LOL!)