Old 06-21-2015, 07:20 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  
TennantSmith

Originally Posted by lunar View Post
Michelle,
Thank you for this post.
I've read this part over and over.
So true.
You're welcome. I really had to go back to this last night. A childhood friend was having a birthday party for her birthday. i was invited and also knew there was alcohol. Instead of replying quickly, I took my time, thought it over, and realized I was content where I was. A quiet evening at home, some much needed downtime, and waking up today still sober. So I politely declined.

I think I'm going to go to the women's meeting tomorrow night after work. Check it out and see if it can be added as another support in my little journey.

I'm exhausted right now. Every day seems completely full of activity and getting things done. However, it beats days wasted getting over a hangover.

Today, the girls are gone visiting their dad. I'm going to the gym, getting my application for state licensing (requirements for job as a social worker) completed and assembling a grill. Then i'm going to prep some lunches for the week and relax. The girls and I are leaving for a mini vacation next weekend and I'm excited for that.

Life is good right now. There is still fear but I'm working through it. I have everything I ever wanted or worked for right now. As good as it is, there is always that little bit of fear that it could all go away. However, I know the biggest thing is that if I stay sober and keep moving forward, life will continue to be good.