Old 06-21-2015, 06:47 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  
MesaMan

A pleasant morning here before the 97 F Degrees temps hit later today. While I'd turned on and commissioned the Sprinklers, there'd been no need to use them prior; thanks to the Rain got here. So, it's rhythmic 'clicking' of Rainbird Sprinklers; the Swamp Cooler on 'LO' to ventilate the Joint; and my Industrial Strength Coffee.

Back when Social Workers went through the Trashcans of prospective Parents to look for evidence of nefarious behaviors like drinking Beer [no irony there], my Adoptive Parents jumped through all kinda Hoops in the Cold War years to get me at 3 days old. Via a Spinster Nurse Aunt who worked at a SoCal Hospital. Quite the Family, Mom's side... So, PITA, Tongue-tied me got bundled home at 3 days old. I got my Tongue 'webbing' snipped. Also allergic to Cow's Milk, so I cried nonstop for 6 months until my Seventh Day Adventist [SDA] Aunt suggested Goat's Milk. Miracle cure!

To no one's surprise here, I was quite precocious. Built my first 'Crystal' Radio Set at age 5. Took apart, and reassembled, Clocks. Lawnmowers. You name it. Did all kinda Guano with my huge 'Erector Set' Kit.

A good ole Po Boy from a small Illinois Coal Mining Town, Dad - seen below - joined the 'CCC': Civilian Conservation Corps. Back when there was support for Folks having Jobs, they built Trails and Irrigation Projects to stay out of the Mines. His Dad was in a Wheelchair from a Mine Ceiling collapse the entire time I can remember. Mom was an Army Base Beauty Queen Contestant that couldn't compete in the Finals on a Saturday night. That's the Sabbath for SDAs. Mom pretty much thought I walked on Water.

Hey, they were great! No grand Baggage to confess. here. I'm Genetically-predisposed to get a major Buzz on, with the DOC of choice being Alcohol. Part Scottish. Part Polish [likely]. Do the Math on the chances of being an Addict. Even if this Personal Narrative isn't objectively true, it's of great solace to box it up and store it in a Cubbyhole as simply the Genetics I was dealt. Nothing to drink over any more, eh? I got it made in the proverbial shade, and constantly look ahead with gratitude. When I went over the Cliff, I lucked out. My Bungee Cord held, and I hauled myself back up to Sober Reality. No going back. Nevah.

Here's to ya, Dad & Mom. Ya done alright by me.

Give the Lyrics a read while listening. Very germane.

- 'The Living Years' ~ Mike & The Mechanics -

'The Living Years' ~ Lyrics