View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
learningagain

Welcome, I am only on day 11 myself. I realized I was self-loathing and depressed every morning because of the drinking of the night before, and then would drink again that night to feel better, or ignore. Not sure exactly what changed, but something snapped in me, and I did the first few days by sleeping, then one day 4 I started looking around and ended up here. I keep this sight up on my computer to look at. I reached out to a friend who is 2 years sober, and we have started a nightly hike around various different parks. For me it was important to feel I was gaining something, not losing something and this definitely helped.

I have not joined a group, partly as I work as a nurse in addiction recovery and at this early stage I do not want to risk bumping into people and losing credibility.

It is a problem if you think it is a problem...I think my drinking truly only became a problem in this last year or so, and luckily I had the tools to recognize before it became really bad, however, I never want to get to that point.

You have recognized a problem, and so keep reading here, and if you have someone in RL you can confide in that also offers some accountability...Good luck