View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 05:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ZoneEater

I might really be able to do this?

Hey all.

New to the forum though I've been reading for years. Wasn't ready to come to grips what was just a problem I had on weekends often turning every Friday night through Sunday into a party with friends. Maybe it wasn't a problem then but it is now. And maybe I did have some grip that it was or I wouldn't have been lurking for years, right?

What was partying turned into drinking a few beers every night and binging weekends one I got my high stress well paying gov job at 27.

I'm 32 now and my body hates me with a passion.

Today is DAY 4 and I'm actually over the worst of the withdrawal systems. I have a bit of itchy skin and a muddled mind, but all the worst has come and gone.

So now I need to get my life back on track and I'm trying to figure out how to do that. I tried AA and it wasn't for me- at least now the few I went to. also the surrendering to a higher power thing.

What alternatives do i have that do offer some face to face?

Would love your support. I never want to drink again. I can tell that it's impossible for me to just moderate.

Thanks!

Zoned

Last edited by ZoneEater; 06-20-2015 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Spacing srove me batty