Old 06-20-2015, 12:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ambereyesmia

Question Hi everyone, I'm new here looking for support

Hello, my name is Mia. I left a 3 year relationship with a man who has been sober for 26 years. I love him so much and I love his children and I miss them. I have known this man since I was 12 and I am now in my 40's. I left in March because I think he is emotionally abusive. I left the day after he gave me an engagement ring because I got scared. I left him a few times before that too. He was never physically abusive to me but he was physically aggressive with my son.

I don't think he ever got help for the issues that caused him to become alcoholic in the first place. He has already moved on. I left in March and he is already engaged and has moved her and her two daughters in with him. That was a week after telling me how much he misses me. I don't know how to move on, I don't understand how it's so easy for him. I feel like I'm going crazy.

He is terrified of being alone and can't be alone, hence his eagerness to move on. I still want to be with him and would do it if he agreed to get help but I know it wouldn't work and he has moved on anyway. Although he actually admitted to me just two weeks ago that he doesn't know if he loves her, yet they are engaged.

I want him to be happy. Does anyone have experience with someone like this getting any help? I tried many times but he thinks everyone else is the one with the problems and he is ok.