View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 11:11 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  
pinklinzangel

Hey Hobbers,
If you were a vegetarian, would you have the odd sausage here and there?
Dee hit it straight, if you are consciously trying to be normal, it is not sustainable forever, and will exhaust you. I cannot moderate. Hell, I though I WAS moderating the whole time before I knew I was an alcoholic.

It's hard. It's still sometimes a daily battle, but now, after a time, for the first time ever, the ratio has changed, there are many more good days than bad, and it now feels more normal for me not to drink, than to drink and that's a huge psychological shift. Don't give up hope Hobbers x

I think People who drink Normally, drink like they would eat ice cream: a little bit here and there usually a tub hanging around in the freezer. On a bad day might scoff the lot, but most days goes without. Weekend and holiday treat, a cheeky bit with dinner. The difference is, unlike us with alcohol, they don't lie about buying ice cream, hide it, keep a spare, buy it from different shops so nobody thinks uour over indulging, panic when they run out, eat it as soon as the fron door is closed, think about it all day at work, top it up with fake ice cream so nobody sees the deficit, they stop when they are full. It helps me to use analogies. Apologies if you think it daft.

Hobbers, if nothing more than this is possible right now, then do only this: do not drink today.
We can deal with tomorrow after today if you need to do it that way.
I couldn't have hot this far without team August. ....Keep with us Hobbers you can do this xxxx

Big hugs My friend xxx