Old 06-19-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Behan

Good evening weekenders,

So, it seems while I have been gone, the bus has arrived at the forbidden, FOULNESS ISLAND!!! ☺ Classic!

I hope everyone is keeping well. Some cool pics posted today.

Well, my first sober work outing has been completed successfully. I enjoyed the historical walking tour without being distracted by thoughts of when are we going to start drinking. I enjoyed playing bowling really badly as others got drunk around me. I loved being able to offer others a lift to the restaurant. During the meal, I was mindful and accepting of my natural shyness in social situations and did not feel the need to chemically remove my inhibitions. I observed others who can slowly sip on a drink for the entire evening. I also observed others, including a colleague who is a close friend, get more and more inebriated. The look of either concern, sarcasm, or judgement directed at her disturbed me. I'm sure those looks used to be directed at me. I enjoyed driving two female colleagues home, making sure they got to their doors safely.

I will remember all this in the morning without fear or regret. I will have no dread going into work on Monday.

At this moment, I can't fathom a reason to drink......

B