View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 03:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
tnman1967

Well I am no doctor and medical advice are not allowed on here, but I will say this Alcohol is a depressant so you can figure out the results if you already battle depression.

As for drinking one or two occasionally. No you can't. If you could you wouldn't do binges in between. That is not normal drinking beahavior. The key here is a mental inventory and a change in thinking. You have want to not drink more than you want to drink. I know this may sound harsh and when I point this out to some they get very angry with me. The fact is that it worked for me and I think it might for you too. Work on the mental aspect of this. Start to list all the positives and negatives with drinking. After you do this inventory you have to ask yourself what you rather want to do. Continue drinking or stop. Once I did this it clicked. I tried countless of times over 30 plus years to moderate, to quit altogether etc. It never worked until I took a mental inventory and made a choice that I don't want to drink anymore. If you go around and really want to drink it won't work. Please don't take this as criticism, but an honest opinion from me. I really wish you the best and hope you can find inner peace with not drinking anymore. Good luck.