View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 04:22 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  
ScooterBoo

Good morning,

Great posts. I love your list, London.

Pink, your post made me think - we all need a list of stress relievers. We depended on the bottle for so long.

I loved my job, but I do not miss one minute of it - at times it was highly stressful, dramatic, other times fun and funny. I looked forward to selling my Boston condo and living at the Cape year-round, and I admit, I looked forward to drinking during the day...my vision was that I would be able to moderate yet enjoy drinking at lunch, at the beach, etc. What was I thinking????? Obviously my heavy drinking got worse when I retired. The only days I did not drink to excess was when I was too hungover to.

Rah, in my earliest posts I kept repeating that Miller Lite beer and White Zin were my best friends. Now, although I have the same human friends I did last summer, I have come to realize I am my own best friend. I am proud of how I look, how I feel, how my house looks, how my clothes, garage and basement are organized. I am feeling very self-satisfied at this point.

And, I feel I appreciate myself more than I would if I were not alcoholic. It is sort of like how I appreciate every nice day after the horrible, miserable winter weather we had here.

Let's keep on keeping on.