View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 04:04 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  
GnikNus

Hello-
Had a great week off spending time with my family. Lots of playing with my kids, getting things done, not thinking of work.

Going to take my kids to see a Beatles tribute band we enjoy called The Sun Kings. In case you haven't guessed, I'm a big Beatles fan. They're a close approximation of the real thing sonically- same instruments and amps, etc. They play songs from the entire Beatles catalog, including late stuff that never made it past the records to the stage after they quit touring.
This will be my first sober show/concert. I've performed my first sober show last month, and that went well- but this will be the first show I'll see that doesn't include indulgence in alcohol( and concerts went well with booze). I'm sure it will be fine and I'll have fun, but it's another one of those doors to walk through. We saw the band a year ago this week at the same spot and it was a blast with much beer and wine consumed (by myself). A new chapter.

This summer is very busy. I have no idea how I would handle things if I was still drinking. Getting busy prepping for a new school year, studying for a test I have to pass in order to clear my out of state credential, teaching summer school and learning new curriculum for that. Rehearsing a new band backing me for a show next month... I'm going I have to be deliberate about time and wake up early each morning. This would not be possible if I was still drinking.

I hope everyone is well, particularly those dealing with stress relating to health and family ( and health of family members). I hope you can get through those trials.