View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 08:17 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Cauliflower

Originally Posted by lucyloo14 View Post
Yes you are so right this is what I need to change, my life needs to be more full. At the moment it all revolves around my husband and kids and once I have done what I need to do for them ( cook dinner and sort homework, listen to them about their day etc) having done a 10 hour job myself - I hit the bottle. I drink alone my husband doesn't drink and just watches TV and plays on his IPad - every single night!!

I guess I drink because I am bored and it kind of takes me away from the monotony for a while - but it brings a whole new set of problems with it so I have to stop. . My life has to have some meaning I think along the way I have lost myself. Although I drink I am a pretty good mother and am very close to my kids and always there for them (except when I have crashed out around 10pm!) Any ideas to get back out there and think about me?

By the way - I did not drink yesterday. Day one - check.
Your husband comes home and watches tv like a lump, you resent that he is boring, you then become bored and drink. That sounds like the old me. What you need to do is find something to make yourself happy. Only you can make yourself happy, and happiness is contagious!

When I drank I would isolate myself from my family in my own home. I would hide in the tub with my bottle of wine, I would hide in the family room with my bottle of wine while my family slept. And the next day, I would be so disengaged because I was so sick and hungover. I was a sad lonely person. Hard to believe this was only 2 months ago.

Now, I am doing more activities that I enjoy. I am spending more time outside doing yard work, my house is getting organized and clean and I am also purging stuff. It's good therapy. When I am active and bouncing about the house, listening to music and playing with the kids and the dog, my husband notices. He is perking up and he is also "awakening" from his boredom. It will get better, if YOU just take the lead! Life gets better when you stop drinking....depression is a contagious thing as well, but when you break out of that dark place, you will spread life into your home!

Welcome Back!