Old 06-18-2015, 05:59 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
MesaMan

It's A Wrap ~

Inked a Contract on this City House last night electronically by PC. Gotta love this Technology Guano! ~$40k over Asking Price in 6 days. Insane activity at our 3 hour Open House last Saturday, according to the Neighbors. Up to 6 Couples in the House at one time. 9 Offers to buy, with most well over Asking. That's what it takes to get Skin in the Game around here right now. No Prescription Drugs - or anything else - were stolen from the Joint during Open House, as we had been warned about later.

The next Owner also met our 'Specs' re: a Good Karma Candidate. A Shrink/Counselor Gal flying Solo with 2 Rescue Dogs who loves this large, fenced Yard, and Doggy Door. She was willing to beat any Offer, and did; save one. The Couple w/Daughter who put in the high Bid got all P.O.ed when told there might be a Bidding War. Likely frustrated and tired at night when notified of this probability, they yanked their Bid, rather than leave it. Their loss. Their Daughter would carry on this exemplary School District; a stated Goal of theirs. All 4 serious Bidders submitted Personal Letters; the new Rule in this Game. The hot-headed Folks could have left the Renter's Market had they not gotten pissy, and over-reacted. 'I showed me!', as one of my sayings goes... I like our Dog-owning Buyer better anyhoo; even though I 'left' $12k on the Table going with her Bid vs. The Pissy People. C'est la vie. I especially like her $80k Cash Down Payment. The 'best' Deal is the one that Closes.

I forked out for my own exhaustive House Inspection Report; put on line in order to avoid any 'gotchas'. The Buyer didn't care about needing a new Furnace after 28 years on the current one, nor about a few thousand $$ req'd for some other minutiae. That put another $6k in our Pockets. Some of the Inspection conclusions were flatAzz wrong, but the imperfect World continues to rotate somehow. My last Boss in the Corporate World sure could go and 'rotate' for all I care, but that's another Story.

My strategy of pricing this Joint low in this incendiary Market to create 'buzz', and have Folks 'slingshot' their Offers way above Asking, seems to have worked. It was no big deal living 'Hotel Clean', but it's nice to get back to our natural state of being optional Slobs.

I'm whippin' on the place to address lil niggling details you don't care about when you live in a Joint. This will allow this Single Gal to put the Key in the Door after Closing, and Love Life. Since we can bolt anytime to W. Colorado, a fast Closing gets her out of her Condo without the imminent problem of putting her stuff in Storage for a month.

This interesting Funk Tune popped into my Head this monin'. Here's what 'Shotgun' actually looks like...

- 'Aint Nobody' ~ Chaka Kahn + Rufus -
-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Jed Clampett.jpg (45.4 KB, 67 views)