View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 02:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lucyloo14

It was all going so well then I blew it!

Hi guys
Today should have been 5 months off the alcohol, I was doing so well then I folded a couple of weeks ago and have drank more than I ever did every single night since. The spiral of getting drunk and crashing out only to wake at 3am and watch the clock for a couple of hours is back. I might fall back to sleep but then wake groggy, hung over and go to work. Last night I drank nearly 2 bottles of wine and pretty much pissed off my whole family - I can't even remember all of it! - this mornings silent treatment really got to me. I deserve it, I would not stop even when they begged me and now I feel so stupid. I am tired and grumpy with no energy and i know I am drinking myself to an early grave.

Why couldn't I just stay off it? I was so positive and determined. Am I kidding myself that I can get back on the wagon and stay on it? how have people managed it? I want to stop this time, I really do but I am so scared that I can't. I hate seeing the disappointment in my family's eyes and just saying sorry simply won't cut it this time.

Please help me sort this.
Thanks