View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 10:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

Divorce is official

So, all you old timers here on SR, you remember how long I sat on the fence waiting to leave, waiting for another drama to unfold, waiting to see if maybe he'd change.....

Well, here I am officially single. I am living on my own, supporting myself as best as I can on a very low paying job and relying on savings, officially divorced, managing a household by myself. I've been out of my family home for nearly 5 months now, I'm feeling emotionally stable and energized. My health problems have cleared up and I feel the best I've felt in years.

I have a new man in my life...probably not Mr Right but he's a nice Mr Right Now and he is emotionally stable and has had no red flags for the 2 months that we've been dating.

My son is adjusting as best as can be and it seems that his relationship with XAH is getting better over time, despite the progression of XAH's alcoholism. So, for now, I'll take the positive high road.

Can you all believe how much my life has changed in just 6 months time? I love change, but I'm kinda of thinking that it's time for things to settle down and NOT be changing anymore, LOL. I do not like my job 100% but I am adjusting and I am putting in as best an effort as I can while I look for something more suitable.

I still can't believe how long it took for me to make a move. Yet, I know that things unfolded as they needed to and I know that I have perfect peace today because of the decisions I've made!