View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 07:50 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  
nymets86

Ready, things are good here too. Really skating by with zero cravings and a weekend of hiking coming up. I've really taken alcohol off the table as an option at night and it's made my sleep better.

I have been having too much caffeine to get me enough energy to run/hit the gym every morning, but I'll trade too much caffeine for too much alcohol any day.

I'm really starting to notice stress reducing too. I hadn't realized how much I'd been planning around early morning meetings on Fridays, knowing I'd be so hungover.

So yeah, things are good, but it's still very much one day at a time for me. I feel extremely confident in my weekend plans through the 4th of July, but after that, the dog days of summer will bring happy hours and other temptations. So just like I did when the bachelor party and two weddings were looming, I'm focusing on the present. I'll worry about those other things when they are on the immediate horizon.

I'm very excited to step on the scale next Thursday (I can't check the scale daily without going nuts). Weight is flying off right now. Tons of exersice, eating much smaller portions and replacing some of my junk food habit with pineapple and grapes, my two favorite fruits. I still hate veggies, and at 29, I'm a big boy and nobody can force me to eat them. Key for me is no cheese (addicted as badly as alcohol) and smaller portions. Hoping to be down 15-20 pounds total by next Thursday and then be well positioned to hit my target weight by mid-July.