Old 06-16-2015, 10:15 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  
LBrain

As for the travel account - set up a NEW account or even go to a different back (preferred) - open up an account and get the debit card, then close the account when you get back from your trip.
Or one of the other fine suggestions. But in a foreign country using an atm card, when they have the code and you are out of contact with the real world, it's the way to go.

Soberpot--- I was thinking about this earlier, I long for the days before catalytic converters, fuel injection and oxygen sensors,

Give me an internal combustion engine with spark plugs, points and condenser, rotor, and timing lite - heck a good mechanic can adjust the timing without the strobe...

When the equipment needed to fix a car cost as much as the car, it's time to let someone who bought said equipment for that purpose to fix the car.
Tell him you'll let him fix the brakes himself next time they need it and leave the fancy stuff to the pros or you'll send him a postcard from your next vacation trip - cause he ain't going. Trying to fix something like that without the expensive equipment is like playing the lottery.