View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  
Venecia

Originally Posted by Elseware View Post
It was so fun and relaxed and I was able to be social and comfortable. All in all I felt like I've come a really long way in the last two years. And I am truly grateful. I had such a hard time last year.

Anyway, dare I say I'm a little happy with myself? Let's hope I can keep up the good work!
Yes, dare to say it!

I think about you a lot, Else. I remember the low points from last summer and hoping that the hardest things were behind you. But more challenges surfaced as your son confronted his problems -- with his supportive mom helping so much.

Lately, I have thought about the inherent unfairness of life. Some of us must confront our addictions/alcoholism relatively unencumbered by the circumstances of our upbringing. Others, though, have all the added challenges of a start in life that lacked stability and security.

For all you've had to confront in your efforts to get well, I think you're doing an amazing job, Else. I wish I could give you a massive hug. It's an absolute delight to think of you decked out in your cowgirl gear and cheering on the rodeo riders.

Good job, Else, good job.