Thread: Hey guys
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 09:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Stewy84

Hey guys

Stewy here- 238 days sober

Had a "transformation meeting" in work today telling us about all the innovative, interesting , exciting, groundbreaking plans to "move the organisation forward" and reach the top tier and where we want to be. There have been working groups set up, all named after birds such as "skylark", "falcon" and "liverbird"- the latter referring to the scouse (Liverpool) connection the company has. The groups will discuss the future plans and they want people to "get involved". Jokes were shared, laughs were had, everybody said how great it was to see the chief executive and other figures of authority "mixing with the workers"

Maybe I was the only person in the room who didn't buy any of this. Maybe I'm a realist, seeing that it is half a glass. I tried to follow what was being discussed but it was no good. A person in the crowd asked - " will there be redundancies?"

My fears confirmed, the job I had worked hard to return to after a bout of depression was now under threat. They need to save money and for that, they will be re-structuring the managers and office workers. The bubble just popped, the penny just dropped, poo hit the fan, the milk spilt, whichever analogy you wish to use it all amounts to feeling like you're being spun a huge yarn.

Can anyone relate to this and just re-assure me that feeling upset by this meeting is normal reaction?