Thread: the truth
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 11:37 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Soberintexas007

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
Lets face it, your on your own. You can reach out to AA. SR or other programs but at the end of the day, you are left to your own devices to stay sober. All these programs are great for support but can only do so much. I believe recovery comes from what a person does outside these programs. I'm drinking now because I depended on these programs too much. Not having family or friends to support me, I have to depend on myself for strength. No self-pity here, just reality. I've managed to overcome problems in the past on my own so I know I can do the same thing with drinking, although I've realized it's a lot tougher than other challenges. I was raised to be a survivor. I can live on very little if I have to. No problem. Depending on self is key to survival. I see a lot of people depend on others' to get by only to end up disappointed and lost.
Addiction is a lonely disease. For those that have family or friends to support them, you are lucky and I hope you know that. For others like me, it's really a crap shoot. It really doesn't affect anybody if I drink or die. It really doesn't, and I did it to myself. Staying sober just for me sometimes doesn't make sense. Staying drunk for me does sometimes. John
I read your post twice, and I agree with it.