View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 06:52 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Praying

Lemongirl, thank you for posting! I was off the boards for a while and missed your story. That's very helpful.

SIGH on the BIG VOYAGE. I find myself in that familiar exhausted state already.

And yes, the "powerlessness" topic made me grin due to it's overarching applicability.

He neglects the kids when he drinks due to physical and emotional absence. While that's awful, courts don't seem to care about kids unless there are bruises. I saw that it's my prior life. It's not "horrible". Just creates ACOAs.

Emotionally dependent, overall dependent...yes. I agree.

He has stopped drinking. That's what feels "wrong" about my position. I still think since he doesn't really accept the magnitude of the past and his path here, and is still in denial over it, I don't CARE that he quit. I don't believe it's lasting unless there's more. I feel it in my heart.

He fails to see why I'm so hung up on that.

His family thinks it's great that he quit, and if anyone could quit without a program, he could. And he doesn't want to lose you, Praying!!! I sit quietly over here, saying to myself...not enough. Hasn't worked before. These are the same people who have done two interventions resulting in him quitting over the last few years.

My best friend said today-- you don't have enough years of "good" under your belt with him. When this happened it slammed your trust and everything down, but there might just not be enough left for you to rely on. The bank is empty.

That might be the most accurate statement of why I feel so "out".

In the words of Jerry Maguire...
SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!

And for God's sake, please don't show me the kids...