View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 02:26 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  
ScooterBoo

Greetings!

I had a very productive day today - I put together the new desk chair I bought earlier in the week, I went to the hardware store and bought a doorbell and replaced the one that my snow shovel had fallen against and broken during a storm (much easier than I thought - less than five minutes, including shutting the power to the back deck,) and I replaced a bulb in an overhead light in my laundry room. These are all things I would have hired a handyman for in the past as I would have either been busy drinking or too shaky from a hangover to even attempt those three things. I am very pleased with myself right now!

Determined, I am happy and relieved for you. You handled your wait time better than most people - alcoholics and non - would have.

London, I am glad my post helped. The grass is NOT always greener in the other fellow's yard. By nature I am not a jealous person, but an attorney I worked with seemed to have it all - beauty, loving husband, two great sons - and she found a ring with seven diamonds in a restaurant bathroom on Martha's Vineyard. She turned it into the police, and in one year they gave it back to her as it was not claimed. I really felt jealous, grumbling to myself that things like that never happen to me, she always finds the best deals shopping, her husband treats her like a queen, on and on....a few months later she had a stroke; she was never the same after that, sort of had a look of panic/fear in her eyes and only worked part-time, and then she died from a blood clot at 50. Honestly, I was probably never the same after her stroke, either. I had been disgusted with myself for being jealous of the diamond ring find, and her stroke made me realize how foolish that was. I don't think I have been jealous of anyone's possessions since, and I think of her whenever I hear someone I know has won something, etc.

Pink, what about apple or orange flavored tea? I like iced tea, but rarely drink hot tea - I think of hot tea and honey as a sore throat remedy.

Any word from the garden police?

Choobie, it sounds like you are enjoying your busy life. I think habit, not av, is why you reached for the beer. ....like when I thought of buying a bottle of champagne to celebrate six months of sobriety! DUH ! !

Great post, Ultra. Thank you.

How about a roll call? It was great to hear from CaliChris, how about everyone else letting us know how you are doing?

Let's keep on keeping on!