View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 04:19 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  
Mel12
Stingy athlete recovery method

Pouncer, I hope your project ends nicely and am glad to hear that your thoughts are moving away from the alcohol yet further.

100 days is amazing, Bobcat. As for your question on eating, I have no good answer except to report that my calorie intake is higher than it should be at the moment. There are a lot of details like this that in my life could use attention, though to pressure myself about all of them at once might drive me to drink.

Secretary, I am amazed you could be around drinkers. You are strong and getting stronger, and I know you will succeed and inspire others with your success! I still avoid drinkers, though such a strategy is at best short-term unless I make agoraphobia a lifestyle.

Djinn, your consistent presence is like a rock for the March folder. At this point, I feel we here are a team. Congratulations on navigating being around alcohol at the friend-farewell event. I am not sure I would have done as well, but am moving towards a plan of reintegrating myself into social situations.

Immri, I too feel guilty about avoiding friends and messages and calls. However, through isolation I have the reverse problem in that I am getting too much done. Without interruptions caused by going out with people, I tend to over-focus to the point of collapse. A strange problem! Unfortunately--or maybe fortunately?--much of my effort is just "what I like to do" and not income-driven, because otherwise I would be getting rich. Ha ha!

Happy to Believe, I empathize with you in that I get zonk-attacks which nowadays I cannot dismiss as merely alcohol related. Removing alcohol from the equation, however, simplifies determining next steps. I hope your doctor visit results in a good next step for you, a step towards more energy and activities.

Niktes, that is awesome news about the new poetry book. Please do not forget to congratulate yourself, even as we Marchers also congratulate you.

Mystified, you are really great for volunteering, and in general, for powering through the tough moments. It is inspirational to hear. I need to do more of what that saying says: "feel the fear but do it anyway!"