View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 04:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

Praying, I did not k now the details about the circumstances with the kids.
I absolutely understand why this makes your decision making very difficult. You care about the children.
I want to say a very loud GOOD FOR YOU.

I don't fanatically advocate the attitude of "My personal concerns, only, and Screw the rest of the whole world"
I believe that it takes a village to care for each one of us....and this is why we have mandated reporting and welfare laws, etc. A society needs to care for their young and vulnerable.
I support that it is very important that y ou weight very carefully what would be the best action for the children's welfare in the long run. (while considering yours, also).

I, also, don't see it as a crime to go to AA meetings with another person in the beginning, if they are really scared to go. I have heard more than one AA member say to "get them in the door any way you can"....in the assumption that something might "stick".....

I just don't want you to make the m i stake of signing on for the BIG VOYAGE....and, later, have everyone concerned pay the price......
Don't ever forget that alcoholism, unchecked by abstainence, takes no prisoners......(I think you know that already....yes?)

dandylion