Old 06-11-2015, 12:51 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Weasel1966
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by daz135 View Post
Thanks for asking. Basically I'm breaking the weekend into three weak points. Friday 3pm onwards will be trying to convince myself the week thinking about my drinking problem has been blown out of proportion and I'm fine. So I'm working remotely this Friday, won't be near a bottle shop. Going straight home to work my horse. Straight after that is gym workout (at home) by then I will have to get cracking on dinner as wife and kids won't be far away. By this time craving will be long gone. This should create momentum for Saturday arvo where I also will be busy at home. After this I should do well as I'm so close marking it I will be hard to stop. The weekends have become a massive stumbling block. I cut down from daily drinking to weekends only. Except that I haven't any more. Week days are creeping in more and more. It's at the point I'll buy beer, drink next day quit and pour the rest out and a couple of days later I'll buy more! I've poured out 25 beers in a week! I've just reached the point where it's going to be whatever it takes this can't go on. Sorry for the long post
Daz... You will be successful... Self awareness is key. You have it. This time you will make it.

And you never had the weekender team behind you... Rock on!