View Single Post
Old 06-07-2015, 06:29 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
HollowHappiness

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Of course you're on the right path. If you need it, the crying will come when it comes. But for now, maybe focus on gratitude instead. Sounds like you've got a lot of things going right for you right now--live in those. Don't punish yourself for doing good by deeming your happiness "hollow." Appreciate that happiness compared to whatever you were suffering while in active addiction.

And, most importantly, welcome to SR, HH! There's a ton of great wisdom and support to be found here. I suggest jumping in with both feet and making this a home away from home.
I'm very grateful to hear this, so thank you. I'm doing well for myself. I'm trying to forgive myself, and not be so hard on myself, and think of positive things, as opposed to before, where I would wallow in shame, pity, sadness, and so forth. My self-esteem has been shattered after suffering from depression and anxiety for so long, only to be bullied in highshool - literally adding insult to injury. Nonetheless, I'm not determined more than ever to love myself. I know it's a very slow process, but that's okay. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Forgive me for my username. I usually struggle trying to think of a username, and I try to be witty. It is by no means a reflection of my current life. I'm all too familiar what it feels like to be empty inside, and I'm much more appreciative of what normal people would consider a 'normal life', is that makes sense. So I'm grateful for being alive today. Thank-you for your counsel.