Old 06-06-2015, 04:22 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  
Tetra

This thread is so funny
Today was a hard day. My sister is back living with my parents and it's not easy. My mom told me "it's great when you come home for the weekend. You bring some joy into the house!" She never said that before! I told her that I would not be home next weekend because I have already made plans next Saturday to stay with my friend. Her husband will be away and we will probably watch a movie or something. I haven't seen her since their wedding a month ago. Also my colleagues are going out next Friday and they asked me to join them. I haven't decided whether to go or not yet but to be fair I never drank in bars. I drank alone in my flat. Anyway that's beside the point. My mother's response to this was "will there be alcohol there?" I was like "yeah probably". Although I doubt that my colleague are huge drinkers. They don't give me that impression.

I told her I am working hard. I don't go out a lot and I deserve some fun and to do nice things. One thing I have learned from working in a hospital is that I am very lucky. After everything I did to myself I'm still here. I'm alive. And life is so short.
I know that my mother worries a lot but she really knows how to push my buttons.