Old 06-05-2015, 12:05 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
I've moved from northern Michigan september last year and live in meteo Detroit.
Guess what??? It STILL doesn't effect me because I don't allow it.
That simple!
I have no clue what that ultra consumer oriented stuff is. Might have it around here, but I don't care. I won't use it as an excuse to let it control how I feel.

Nonsensical hit something very important. Something that changed a LOT for me and my attitude-
Not plying the victim. When I stopped playing the victim in any circumstance I was playing the victim in, amazing things happened, like I stopped allowing people,places,and things control how I feel.
Maybe I have not hit that point yet but I feel circumstances can hinder ones ability to thrive. In time I've been able to look past some of my circumstances and still thrive. I've also been able to change my circumstances so that I could thrive. But there are still circumstances in my life that can hinder me from being the best that I can be. Perhaps I have not yet figured out how to thrive yet with them in place?

Notice I say thrive not survive. I've been able to simply manage despite terrible odds. But I dont want to simply survive myself I'd like to thrive and be happy etc..

In my case the location where i lived dragged me down. Perhaps because I allowed it or perhaps because I couldnt rise above that obstacle ? But I changed my circumstance moved my location and thrived as a result. I made due and managed while i was stuck in that situation. Maybe I was allowing it to get the best of me I'm not sure. But I dont regret making the move I made either.