View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 03:13 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  
nymets86

Yeah, good thing with smart phones is I can just disappear and come read here, or just read other stuff online. I'm actually not too worried about the hotel room....I think it's just my AV giving me a reason why it's fine to drink..."hey, others at the wedding will be drunk and others in your room will be drunk, so you can drink too!"

My plan for tonight is to just make it clear I'm on a diet and want to get up early and go for a run. My group of friends is planning to do a bit of bar hopping. I can probably leave that at any time since it's not the wedding and a lot of my friends don't arrive until tomorrow anyway.

At the wedding itself, I plan to say the same diet thing, but further that I have to do an AM conference call with my group mates for my project in summer school. That's partially true, but I'll say it anyway. If I feel I can't take the pressure anymore, then I'll just head back to the hotel room and get some sleep. I know I'll never be embarrassed about bailing early. It might not feel great and maybe one or two people will wonder where I went, but getting drunk and causing a scene (or not knowing if I caused one), would be a lot worse.

So, off for a jog right now, then the airport.