Old 06-04-2015, 12:38 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
ZaBoozer

Good evening all,

Day fifty nine is done and dusted. The weather here has been utterly freezing. Although the sun was out, we had the typical Highveld wind - it is like something from the arctic that just goes right through you. What a pleasure to be home in front of the fire with the cats as I type this. Business first.

Physically I am great. No sign of the headache. I am hoping that this symptom is done and dusted. It is the last of the withdrawal that I have. I am a little tired. That is to be expected as I switched the lights off quite late last night. I like to read until I drop the iPad before I switch the lights off. I had a good appetite today.

Mentally I am good. I did not have much work to do today and I was almost the only person in the office besides some secretaries and such. Everyone else seems to be off with flu. So most of my day was spent entertaining the HR lady (my smoking buddy). Her husband is going to do the extra kitchen cupboards that I require. We went through the last of the things together (kitchen counter top colours etc.). I even got the GB and EB's opinion. What can I say - don't argue with women.

Emotionally, the day turned out ok. I thought it would be worse. Yes I did have moments, but all these ladies managed to rally around and keep me quite entertained. If ever you need to argue in circles - get a few different women's opinions on colour scheme. Then sit back and watch them convince each other to convince you what you already knew. Entertaining to say the least.

Well the FIFA scandal is still going on. This thing seems to be getting bigger every day. We have the usual goings on of a circus in our parliament. It is wage negotiation time here in SA so the mass actions and work stay away season will be getting underway shortly. I am not sure how much longer this farce can go on.

My cats have reached a new level of "catness". They do not even come and greet me when I get home anymore. They lie on the bed in front of the fire and wait for me to come and greet them. If I manage to come back in another life - I want to be them and they can be me. What a life.

Well the radio (talk show) is only revolving about this FIFA thing. While it is interesting to hear the listeners view points, it is getting a bit too much now.

I unpacked my Nespresso machine today. I bought it a few years back, but we didn't really use it. What a mistake. I have perfected the art of the cappuccino. The right creaminess with the correct amount of foam and just the perfect sprinkle of cinnamon. I have had three already this evening. I am going to make my fourth one now - last one for the evening. This stuff is addictive.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB