View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 07:30 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Cynderino

WD - I do agree with you on there being a number of Mr./Mrs. Rights out there for each person and that timing really is everything. What you said about wishing you had taken more time to work on you hits home with me. I just don't want to miss out on that opportunity.

DD - I have a tendency towards codependency myself and for me it is also tied to low self esteem (I see a trend here!). I have definitely been working on that lately. The biggest thing for me is doing for others and expecting nothing in return. It is a constant practice and retraining of my thought processes to be true to that idea but I have noticed that I am a lot less resentful. I don't feel "wronged" or unappreciated nearly as often when I have no expectations. It is really quite freeing.

Dudes...I am feeling stressed out! There is so much going on activity-wise for both of the kids and I but the biggest thing is that my grandma is not doing well. She has COPD and has been on hospice for a few weeks now. Last Friday she was found unresponsive in her apartment. She had somehow taken off her O2 and must have passed out before she could get it back on. We do not know how long she was without it but it took several hours for her to come back around. She has continued to make cognitive progress daily but her lungs are worse than ever. She and I are really close, always have been. I named my middle daughter after her and they have a really special bond as well. I have been trying to get over to see her on a daily basis and take pictures where I can. It is so hard to watch her struggle to breathe. I don't want her to suffer yet I am not ready for her to go. Losing her will break my heart. Sigh. And so that is all about me (isn't everything? :P) but I know she is ready to go and she has lived a long full life.

We have had lots of storms lately and I love it! Matches my mood.

How are you all?? What's crackin? Big weekend plans?

XOXO

Cyn