Old 06-03-2015, 11:38 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
ZaBoozer

Good morning all,

Well today is the start of day fifty nine. The sun is out. It is still freezing, but at least it is not all doom and gloom. I am remembering now how depressing Europe was in winter and why I spent all my time there drowning my sorrows. No offence to anyone, but if you are used to the sun - overcast weather can be downright miserable and depressing. Well to the business end.

Physically I am good. I slept well. In fact I slept so well I did not want to get out of bed. Sleep continues to come easily. I don't remember this ever happening when I was drinking. Sure, I could pass out, but that is not the same thing. Surprise - no headache this morning. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I have cut back a lot on my smoking. I also don't drink any caffeine at home. I am starved this morning - not sure why.

Mentally I am fine. My mind is in a lot better place than yesterday. The weather really has a lot do to with it at this stage. Dark, gloomy weather is just not for me right now. I don't have much work that I know of today - I am not complaining.

Emotionally I am fair. As those of you who have been following this thread know - my wife and I are separated and are not really on speaking terms. Her decision. She needed to find herself. You may have noticed that I have not been so cheerful lately - well I am only human. It is her birthday today, and this has been weighing down heavily on me. Do I contact her? Do I just leave it? What to do. In the end, I just sent her a message. With the mood swings, you can imagine that my sense of humour is sometimes dour. If I do offend or I am not always on form, I apologise.

Well it is bitterly cold outside. Not so at home. Unfortunately I have to be at work. Trust me, if I could do this from home - I would.

Time for coffee and one of those savoury pie things, I reckon. A treat to me from me.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB