Thread: OT--New Car!!
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 03:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

SO. The icing on the cake. I had just bought all this touchup paint and upholstery repair stuff, expecting to spend hours and hours getting my old car in shape to sell (and expecting to spend another couple hundred or so for detailing to get as much as I could for it). I was outside fixing a broken side mirror (I've gotten good at using welding epoxy for stuff like that) when a couple of guys on my street came over and started chatting with me. The one guy said his son, who just graduated from college, might be interested. The other guy said if the son didn't want it, HE might want it. They asked what I planned to sell it for, and I said I was planning to ASK for 7500. The one guy asked what I'd take for it right now if he bought it. I said 6k. The next day the son came over to check out the car, he took it to have a mechanic look at it (some minor repairs and a fairly pricy maintenance item coming due soon), and he offered me 5k. I counter-offered 5500, on the theory that would pay for the repair needed now, and give him a couple hundred toward the timing belt replacement coming due. We have a deal! And this is the kid's first car, and his dad tells me he is in LOVE with it.

LOL, so now I can still see it every day--at least until he moves out. So really, the warm fuzzy feeling of making them happy, and knowing *I* don't have to go through all the hassle of getting it in great shape and then listing and selling it online, makes it the PERFECT deal.

I almost feel like crying with joy.