Thread: The Beast Stirs
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 04:38 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
esinger

Originally Posted by Greenwood618 View Post
They are not remotely the same. One is based on the disease model of addiction which enslaves people and one on the structural model, which frees people. In addition, the Beast concept is useless without a knowledge of applied AVRT. You don't blame the Beast, you recognize it. I cracks me up how people from other recovery methods have co-opted AVRT terms and and are now using them interchangeably as synonyms for disease and addiction. Good luck with that.
OK, I only made an off the cuff statement as everyone thread was going on about what the beast was telling or wanting them to do. I believe substance abuse to be an uneducated bad choice followed by a physical and psychological compulsion, not a disease. I'm not from any other recovery method other than my own. This just popped in my head and I guess was a bit insensitive. It did produce a discussion about the differences and throw some good info out there. So, I guess that's not a bad thing. I have a bad habit of stirring the pot. I guess people from all schools of thinking are very compassionate about their mode of recovery as I seem to rile them all up.