Old 06-02-2015, 01:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
ZaBoozer

Good evening all,

I have reached the end of day fifty seven. It ends well. The worries from this morning did not come to fruition. Thank whatever higher power for that. Business first.

Physically I am good. The headache did not come to visit today. I am tired and look forward to a good nights rest. I did have a good appetite today. I had my savoury tart - some sort of milky tart thing. Tasted good, but made me a bit nauseous. Maybe a tad too rich for me.

Mentally I am good. I got my work done. I then spent the rest of the day playing this music quiz thing with my smoking buddy. We were quite good with my answers, as long as the music was mid 90's and older. I really cannot handle todays music.

Emotionally I am good. I had my twinges, but someone really made me laugh so hard this evening. It was almost as funny as the quote in my signature. I would love to include it but I am going to have to beg for permission first.

I was counting the number of people left in our stay sober class from April 2015. I counted sixty three names that joined the same class before me that I have not seen again. I joined on 2015.04.09. There are ten of us left that I know of. Lets say one third of those sixty three relapsed. That gives us twenty one right. So one hundred minus ten divided by twenty one times one hundred (keep up with the brackets please) gives us a failure rate of fifty three%. If used the original sixty three, it would be a failure rate of eighty four%. I joined one third of the way into the month. I did not count the names past where I joined.

Sorry, I just had to stop and re-read what I have just written down. Best case failure one third into our joining month 53%, worst case failure one third into our joining month 84%. I do not mean that they failed one third into the joining month. I mean that of the April 2015 class, over 53-84% have failed within one and two thirds of a month. Scary bit of trivia.

Well, we are expecting a cold front to hit us tonight. Apparently we are going to be down to 2degC or 35degF. I am not worried - the fire is blazing. My upstairs temp is 29degC or 88degF - nice and toasty.

I am going to have to quit smoking soon. I think I will use the exact same date that I stopped drinking - but two months on. Much easier to remember.

Well the cats are having a conversation with me. The little black one does this cute thing of pulling her tongue out at you. What a little girl.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB