View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 02:06 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  
ReadyAtLast

Hello everyone

how are you all doing? I start my new job soon and am excited though nervous too. Went away this weekend with new Mr RAL and jr RAL. All went well which is good. I was a little apprehensive which is natural but things went smoothly. Think it helps hugely that new Mr Ral has been a friend for some years and not just a stranger I 've recently picked up in a pub

Anyway thoughts of drinking - none. Thinking of character defects and strengths and I said to someone last week " the best positive thing about me is that I don't drink" It seemed quite basic when I said it but thinking and thinking about it reminds me just how fundamentally my life has changed since I stopped drinking. I quit my job, moved to another country, made new friends, re-invented myself really, left my husband and have had some difficult times but I have not regretted any of them.

Now I have a new job to look forward to, a new relationship with someone who understands me and I them. My child seems happier and we enjoy doing things together. He has settled in so well here and even has a Scottish accent now I really feel that our future is bright and positive and a whole world away from where I was 3 years ago.

All that from 'just' stopping drinking. there is no way I ever want to go back to where I was. I used to read on here people saying how their lives had changed so much when they stopped drinking. I was sceptical and thought they were exaggerating but it really is true. It doesn't happen overnight though does it - it takes months, years even.

It's nice to look back at our journeys even though I don't log on here as often now