View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 12:27 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  
ZaBoozer

Originally Posted by Cauliflower View Post
Hi Zab, all caught up. I hope you figure out what is causing the headaches soon. I took a little break from SR for about a week or so, and after reading about the tough week people have been having and how it awakened the AV in some, I am thinking that my higher power was playing intervention again. Not sure why I stayed away. I was having a tough time one evening last week when my husband was out of town and my sister came over. I was fighting the urge to say f it, and let's have some wine for old times sake. But, I talked myself out of it. She was here to use my computer to apply for jobs. She is trying hard to get her feet planted firmly on the ground, and I know she struggles with alcohol too. She knows I quit drinking, so I told myself that she probably felt safe to come here to work on her resume and stuff, so I stayed strong for both of us. We had a really good visit, without getting plastered, so it was good. My step mother was all over us though, calling all evening, saying when the cats away (my hubby) the mice will play. My step mother has no idea I quit drinking, and I don't plan on telling her soon. She is my nemesis and is the one person who always, always brings up the past mistakes. I don't tell her a darn thing about my life anymore, because she is such a two faced gossiper! Augh, sorry for ranting on your thread. Not sure where that came from! I am feeling really good lately. I am not being fooled by the old AV, and am able to recognize it right away. Just taking it one day at a time, and am getting pretty comfortable with never drinking again. Take care!
Hey there C,

Me too. At least they are starting to get less frequent now.

No worries for ranting here. You are more than welcome.

Good on you for fighting off the AV and for learning that you can have a good time sober with your sister.

You keep on keeping on - you're doing great.

Cheers,

ZAB