View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 11:25 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Berrybean

I recently had a predicament. Asked one person what I should do. Didn't agree with her answer so asked my sponsor. Didn't like her answer, so mentioned it to me step-dads sponsor. Didn't like what he said either. Sent e-mail against all given advice and it came back as undeliverable (despite being to my boss who I e-mail all the time). I finally got the hint then, accepted that even my HP didn't agree and was letting me know it, and I was very glad of it today. Sometimes I have to accept that I don't know best.

I don't know if this is the same kind of thing, because I know that if it was me looking for a different answer to what I'd already been given I would probably 'forget' to mention on my OP certain things that might mean I'd get another answer I didn't like. But that's just me. (It's how I spent my entire childhood - getting my way through deception through omission. ) You're probably NOT doing that - I just have a tendency to presume everyone plays that game because I did (and prob still do if I let my self-honesty slip), and it is a fairly typical alcoholic trait (or so I've been led to believe).

I suppose this could just be a temporary measure - if you don't find it helpful you can always change back to your old routine. Maybe there's someone there who'll say something that'll make your entire week more bearable. Or maybe it's just going to end up a lesson in pushing your self-will to one side for an evening.

It sounds like it's turning into a resentment anyway, so it might be good to reflect on it in that way rather than whether your sponsor is right or not. Even if she's wrong and it's a justified resentment, it's not going to do you any favours carrying it around. It sounds like you've got enough to be dealing with already.

Hope the meeting's a good un.