Old 06-01-2015, 11:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
MisterChill

Even though I'm only 15 days in, there is some great advice in this thread. My wife quit with me (she didn't do it just for me, this is something we've discussed for 3-4 years). I asked her this weekend how she was doing without drinking. She said it depends on when I ask the question. I asked what is the most difficult thing and she said the prospect of never drinking again. I found this interesting because that's not how I've been thinking. I'm only worried about the present. I know I'm done for now. So I only worry about the day in front of me.

The way I see it is time changes people. Changes the way we think, act, deal, process new info, etc. Life isn't static that's for sure. I figured as time goes by I'll care less and less about alcohol as a whole. My mind is in the moment for now. And I told me wife the same. Just worry about today and maybe tomorrow.

10 years ago I never thought I'd be here on a board like this figuring out how to go sober. So 10 years from now isn't really something I can contemplate with any accuracy.