Thread: The Beast Stirs
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 08:04 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Where does it leave you when you know it's beast activity, when you recognize your AV as such, but drink anyway?
Almost exactly three years ago, right here on SR-SC, that is the exact position I was in.
I was arguing with Dalek that I was doing wonderful Sugar Beast AVRT, while eating sugar.
Yes, it's almost embarrassing as I recall my attempted logic.
It ended up impressing upon me the ultimate "Art" of AVRT.

I had objectified my Sugar Beast and believed that "going along with it this one time" was not failing at AVRT.
Well, I was wrong. I was doing AVRT very poorly to the point of uselessness.
Well, here's what I posted three years ago.

(beginning of quote)
=============

There may have been no separation between what we both wanted, but I'm positive I was objectively recognizing IT and IT's voice the AV while eating all that sugar. The way I brought it into my consciousness was the same, the way I pictured it was the same; the whole objectifying process was the same, I was simply going along with it this one time. There were still two of us during the whole event even while swallowing.

My point is this. AV recognition has no practical use to me without a Big Plan.

As I remain almost sugar free so far this year, I've recognized and objectified my sugar Beast and it's AV, but all that doesn't have any real effect on whether or not I will eat sugar because I don't have a Big Plan. I just ate sugar for the second time this year and it was only sort of a big deal, not really, though.

When I make my Big Plan for sugar, then I know from experience with other Beasts, that AVRT will have a very useful purpose in making it so much easier to get on with my gastronomic future.

I can feel it even now. I am seriously thinking about a Big Plan for sugar right now. Oh my gosh! Does it mean I will never experience the taste of sweetness again. Oh, wait, there's stevia. Will that be OK? WOW! Is that what I really want? Yes, now the AV is really poppin'. Yes, now AVRT makes sense. It will really help tie it all together - and quickly, too. WHEW! Haven't I loved what's happened by almost not eating any sugar so far this year? Of course! HAH! I win. Well, not quite yet. Dag-nab-it!

OK, I'll let y'all know when I make that Big Plan for sugar.

------

You know what? Enough of this pussyfooting around.
I will never eat any sweets again.
THANK YOU BRAIN!
Oh, WOW!
THANK YOU (AGAIN) AVRT!

------

There. Done.

=============
(end of quote.)

I was completely missing the separation of the "two of us" while eating the sugar.

I can now affectionately tell myself
"It's The Big Plan, stupid!"
because I really think I could be stupid and still make it.