View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 07:41 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  
ZaBoozer

Originally Posted by Daylightsavings View Post
ZAB, I can't believe your AV just now kicked in. Mine did upon awaking today (though I understand day 3 is tough). My flight does not actually leave until morning (for my conference in Miami, which I have never seen that part of the US so I am very excited). I pray and wish and all good thoughts for you to be able to put that reptilian voice where it belongs. Thanks for posting again.
Hey there DLS, the AV has been there from the beginning. It is only giving me a real kick now. That is why I keep this thread. I can go back and remind myself how shite it was to quit. As you get more time, the memory of the difficulty recedes and the AV gets a little stronger to trick you.

Enjoy the trip. I believe that it is quite nice there. Keep up with your journal. Every little hard thing, even how bad you feel or what recovery you make - keep a note. Just so you can go back if your AV ever attacks you in force.

Ta a lot, much appreciated.

An aside note from your post. DT's are delirium tremmens. These comprise of seizures, hallucinations and stuff. I pray to God you don't have that. Nausea, sweats, shakes etc are just withdrawal symptoms. If you have DT's - get to the ER immediately. You will not be able to function with DT's.