View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 02:26 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  
mecanix
That bell or bike person

It's just the hoops you have to jump thro' Sao ..

As a contractor i can pull in £80-100k a year and no-one really cares much as long as you pull you weight and deliver the goods , rather no-nonsense.

Going back to being an employee means there is a whole mire of checks and balances and for 1/3rd of what i was on , it's fine if the work life balance is right and it means it's easier to be conventional and have a mortgage and stuff .

It's not much fun if you want to live in a troglodyte house in spain , travel round europe for a year, already have a house in france you've not been to for 3 years and feel slightly responsible to the town not to let it fall into a pile of stones and mud and have friends in cyprus renting decent apartments for 3600 euros a year .

It has a lot to do with mex-m8 and I, i'm not going to say i can't do domesticity but if it turns into an experience where i feel life is a drudge and i'm working my life away till i'm 60 in 20 years time to get a pension then i don't feel i'll be able to both maintain sobriety and that lifestyle .

I'm happy to let life lead me and i'm sure things will work out ok , just i don't know how that will manifest , i'm fine with it tho' it's just the bureaucracy of large firms and the fear factor of having someone else and their desires to think of .

m