Thread: Finally Scared
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
MisterChill

Don't let the blood panel fool you or lull you into thinking it doesn't catch up. Been there done that. 2 years ago I had a physical and everything checked out perfect. 2 years later I'm now on blood pressure medicine, have to get a liver ultrasound, have a low platelet count, low vitamin D, and very high LDL cholesterol. All of which are linked directly to drinking excessively.

Knowing what I know now, I realize how much of a waste of time, money, and health the last 15 years have been. If I could turn the clock back I would do things quite a bit differently.

The problem with bodies and substance abuse is everyone is unique and we all have our own weak spots. You don't know what yours is until it catches up to you. I had a coworker get throat cancer in his late 40's because he drank straight whisky for many years. Livers are incredibly resilient but unfortunately when things start going awry it happens really quick with limited warning signs.

If you are truly concerned about your health and what alcohol may be doing to it, don't wait until you get the blood work you have been fearing. It's not worth it. Scared the heck out of me. That's for sure.