View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 01:41 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Up with the Europeans and Zaboozer in S.A. this morning,,,,and I beat Weasel to the boards! Alas I woke up even earlier than anticipated with a stomach ache and headache. Some aspirin and coffee have turned things around.

Behan, it's always weird going home and sleeping in the room you slept in as a child, eh? Always seems so damn small. My mother actually moved to a new house when I was in my last year of high school, so when I go visit her it's never quite felt like "home" to me. I only lived there full-time for a year before blowing town for college. Too bad you have some memories of drugs there, but it's great you're back, sober, and with your new healthy life in full motion.

Mex, interesting that you held on to the gambling habit a bit longer but good to know you're cool at this point. In my case, I began to smoke marijuana immediately after giving up alcohol, and continued for almost a year after quitting drinking. That was a terrible idea, it held me back in so many areas of development. Wish I hadn't done that, but nobody's perfect and I think we can all give ourselves a break and chalk it up to a learning experience. The main thing is we're going in the right direction.

Congrats again on 18 months Ruby! That's one heckuva job.

Looking forward to checking in from Costa Rica in a couple hours. Adios for now.