View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Cool to see everyone's success stories today. Nice job Ruby, just say "no" to that cheap wine. I do my best to completely IGNORE PRICES on liquor/booze/beer. Every time I find myself accidentally in the booze aisle I just look straight ahead and get out of there! Maybe I'm overly cautious, but it can't hurt.

Drinking and gambling go hand in hand for me as well. Zeus only knows how much money I lost in Vegas when I was on a particularly heavy binge. I then moved to online sports gambling. Between Vegas and the offshore online accounts, I blew my entire 401k before hitting rock bottom with both my health and finances. Well, I suppose not all of it was blown on gambling and booze: I used the last of it to pay for a couple ambulance rides and then rehab, and then it was gone.

We all have horror stories, and while we don't like to bring them to the forefront too often on this thread, it can be good to remember what will happen if we drink. Most of us aren't here because of one bad hangover. Stay strong folks and do what's right for yourselves!

Off to bed soon. Popcorn and some TV first. I'll be up "dark and early" to hit the airport pre-dawn...maybe I'll even beat Weasel to the post tomorrow!