View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 05:28 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Aellyce

Congrats on 5 days

There are other kinds of recovery meetings than AA, maybe look into those. There must be tons of interesting (and social) things to do in London... well, I know for fact because I lived there in the past

Maybe find something at meetup.com? Or initiate your own group about any topic of interest you like? You could state that you are a non-drinker and looking for the same.
http://www.meetup.com/cities/gb/17/london/

I came to Asia a few weeks ago, and I did not know a single soul here apart from the people I work with, and a friend from the US who visited for several days. So I signed up to some of the meetup groups, and went to a few events... met so many people already.... not all are interesting of course... but I have a lot of invitations for more activities. It's very easy!

Another way I like to meet new people best is taking classes... again, very easy because the conversation topic (at least to start) is given. I did this also when I lived in London in the past. Maybe try some sport if you like that?

Focusing on your recovery and getting better as a priority and arranging activities around that, solo or social, is not a bad idea in early sobriety.