View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 02:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Mister "Laid-Back" in my life?

Translated (in time) to - Mister Do Nothing, Lay Around, Make No Decisions, Get Into Financial Trouble.

His therapist said he was an Ostrich, he himself said he was a Sheep.

Neither of these animals inspire me.
LMAO! No, he's not that kind of laid back. He got his MBA while in the Army, having Uncle Sam pay for his graduate degree and then he was with a tech company in high level management in Silicon Valley for 10 years before getting burnt out on 70 hr work weeks. Then he owned his own energy company for a few years before selling his share. He now is a financial planner and works his tail off building his book of business. He just took his 2 girls camping for the past 3 days (they are 7 and 9) by himself and texted me to tell me they had a successful trip. Since I was a stock broker a few years ago, we talk a lot about financial decisions and our plans and investments. He is financially sound, lol.

Laid back to me means he doesn't flip out about traffic, when his margarita comes with salt and he ordered it no salt, he just wipes the salt off the rim and doesn't say anything. It's like he gets the whole, "how important is it" stuff. My X would have flipped out, complained, sent the drink back, asked for me to commiserate with him, etc. So, it's refreshing to be with someone who doesn't sweat the small stuff.